The challenge was to refurbish a house built in 1918 maintaining both the original volume and facade whilst improving the thermal and acoustic comfort. The construction systems and materials used have made possible not only to achieve the goal but also to lower the energy demand from 171 kWh/m2 to 17 kWh/m2 annual (10 factor rehabilitation). Transforming a traditional existing building into a Passive House.
* ISOVER Energy Efficiency Award 2012
* AJAC Young Architects Award 2012
* First Spanish Rehabilitated Building with a Passive House Standard
* Considered «One of the Most Remarkable Energy Efficiency Renovation Projects in Europe» 2013, by Isover
* Featured in the book «De la casa pasiva al estándar Passivhaus. La arquitectura pasiva en climas cálidos», by Micheel Wassouf. Editorial Gustavo Gili